The Content Strategist develops and coordinates SC Bar messaging across various platforms to connect with members of the organization’s target audiences. This includes managing the SC Bar’s social media channels, overseeing email newsletter creation and distribution, serving in a media relations role and updating web content. The Content Strategist also serves as liaison to the SC Lawyer magazine editorial board.
The SC Bar, which has a membership of more than16,000 lawyers, is dedicated to advancing justice, professionalism and understanding of the law.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Promote the Bar’s public service projects, to include the drafting and distribution of press releases, media follow-up, scheduling of interviews and coordination of phone
- Produce and distribute twice weekly email newsletter, to include updating distribution lists and newsletter content in email delivery platform and tracking and analyzing
- As staff liaison to the SC Lawyer Editorial Board, distribute articles, follow up with authors, coordinate meetings and prepare meeting agendas and reports.
- Research, compile and distribute to the Board of Governors and key staff a daily summary of news pertinent to the legal community.
- Manage the SC Bar’s social media presence, to include developing content strategy, writing and scheduling posts, and tracking engagement.
- Assist with content updates to the Bar website, to include news items, calendar items, Lawyers Desk Book content and other areas as assigned.
- Coordinate production of internal newsletter for staff newsletter as scheduled.
- Operate and promote the Bar’s Speakers Bureau, to include setting up speaking engagements upon request and maintaining a database of volunteers.
- Assist Communications Director in the drafting and submission of talking points, reports, op-ed pieces and letters to the editor as needed.
- Assist in the hiring and supervision of Communications Interns.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS: Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or related field; excellent writing and communication skills; proficient with Microsoft Office suite of software; familiarity with the AP Stylebook; experience with various social media applications; ability to manage multiple deadlines; ability to travel as needed.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Two years of relevant professional experience; familiarity with Adobe InDesign and graphic design; photography experience.