We Are Sharing Hope SC is looking for a Public Education Coordinator to help share the message of
organ and tissue donation throughout the state of SC. As the non-profit organ donation program for the
state, We Are Sharing Hope is responsible for educating 4.9 million people on the importance of saying
“yes” to donation. This role will serve as a public face for organ donation and transplantation and will
serve as a professional ambassador to key partners in the community. If you are interested, please send
a resume and cover letter to Kristine Neal, Director of Communications, at NealK@SharingHopeSC.org.
Job Location: Charleston – N. Charleston, SC
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: Bachelor Degree
Travel Percentage: Road Warrior
Job Shift: Regular Office Hours
Job Category: Education
- Collaborates with the Director of Communications in the development, implementation and evaluation of key educational and outreach initiatives.
- Conducts educational in-services for targeted key audiences.
- Actively participates in the planning of special events and community activities designed to promote awareness, understanding and support for organ and tissue donation and donor designation among targeted audiences.
- Serves as a professional liaison to and collaborates with student volunteers engaged on high school and college campuses.
- Assists with the management and training of our volunteer program.
- Addresses public inquiries in a timely fashion and responds to requests for information and presentations.
- Handles placement and staffing of exhibitor displays at professional or community events, including, but not limited to, health fairs, community expos, recruiting events and skills fairs.
- Supports Donate Life South Carolina educational initiatives.
- Collaborates with Director of Communications to develop community outreach campaigns specific to multicultural communities, specifically African American and Hispanic audiences.
- In partnership with Communications team, monitors social media content to ensure mission- focused engagement with key target audiences.
- Assist with photography of professional events and community outreach activities.
- Assist with development and editing of content for communication tools such as newsletters and community report.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in communication, education or related field, i.e. public relations, marketing, public health, and/or journalism;
- Two years public relations experience;
- Experience in health care public relations preferred;
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to communicate (written and verbally) with diverse constituencies, including, but not limited to, donor families, volunteers, high school and college staff and faculty, hospital personnel, medical professionals, media, DMV office staff and customers, and corporate and community partners;
- Comfortability with public speaking and giving large scale presentations to a variety of key audiences;
- Self-motivation with the flexibility to meet the needs of an organization that is open 24 hours a day;
- Ability to write, read and speak English;
- Proficient user of all Microsoft Office applications;
- Working knowledge in Adobe Creative Suites or computer graphic arts, design and layout preferred;
- Newsletter development/editing a plus;
- Fluent in social media trends, calendars and content management systems preferred;
- Ability to write, read and speak Spanish a plus; or,
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.