PUBLIC RELATIONS ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
REPORTS TO: Manager of Public Relations
The PR Account Executive is responsible for execution of PR efforts in the day-to-day workflow of client accounts while developing the strategic skills required to advance to a more senior PR position. The PR Account Executive is responsible for providing updates on those efforts to both the Account Services team and the Manager of Public Relations, and in many cases the client. The PR Account Executive may lead efforts for a client or support a more senior PR team member on a larger account.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads creation and execution of public relations strategy for clients.
- Handles day-to-day activities for assigned clients, including responding to client communications (phone calls, emails, texts, etc.), creating agendas, and other miscellaneous efforts to ensure continued progress of client.
- Drafts and distributes press releases, op-eds and media pitches.
- Able to develop, format, and edit any needed presentations, spreadsheets, and other types of reports.
- Handles paperwork and maintains digital and hard copy files on client activities, their competitors and their industries; maintains client correspondence file, approvals, copy, forms/documents, and supplies for daily processing and tracking of account service work, etc.
- Maintains client media lists and tracks client media coverage.
- Develops and maintains relationships with journalists to help generate media coverage and coordinates media requests.
- Monitors news that is relevant to client to create potential opportunities.
- Maintains client reference notebooks and/or digital archives for all assigned accounts, detailing past work and work-in-progress, and all pertinent information needed for accurate proofreading and meeting of client standards.
- Makes sure all projects proceed according to plan and deadlines, drawing attention to potential problems before they occur.
- Keeps all account team members informed of PR efforts and results.
- May be involved with billing, invoices and proposals.
- Demonstrates an eagerness to learn marketing strategy, planning, and industry trends.
- Must be detail-oriented
- Should possess strong values, strong work ethic, and sound judgment
- Should be strategic, talented, and enthusiastic
- Should be interested in following the news and current events
- 4-year college degree in marketing, communication, or related field
- 3-5 years of PR experience including drafting press releases and developing/delivering media pitches
- Detail-oriented with a high level of organization
- Excellent communication skills, specifically writing and proofreading
- Strong work ethic and positive “can do” attitude
- High competency level of computer and software skills compatible with job responsibilities, especially proficient in Microsoft Office suite
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org