At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our ‘About Us‘ video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR is in need of a Strategic Communications Coordinator to join our team in Charleston, SC.
- This individual will assist with the development and implementation of communications plans (target audience strategy, media relations and tracking, collateral material, comment response programs, overall activity schedule, information lines, contact databases, and activity reporting).
- They will assist with and lead evening planning and management, outreach strategy, and materials development for public meetings, hearings, open houses, focus groups, workshops, advisory committees and other stakeholder meetings.
- They will be expected to develop and disseminate public notices and press releases; monitor/track media for project documentation; produce media wrap-up reports for project-specific coverage including television, print or radio hits.
- They will assist with and manage the comment database including distribution list, logging sign-in sheets, comment coding, comment response and reporting
- They will be responsible for the research of industry trends, stakeholders, regulatory requirements, etc, for client projects
- They will also assist in the development of project-specific outreach tools, including websites, databases, emails/e-newsletters, and social media.
- They will document all outreach activities including activity tracking and reporting.
- They will also assist with stakeholder coordination and conflict resolution (in-person visits, phone calls, email)
- Perform other duties as needed
- Bachelors degree in communications, journalism, public relations or similar field required
- Minimum three years experience in related field
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to travel
- Service and client-oriented personality with the ability to handle multiple assignments at a time and meet set deadlines
- Self-starter; can work well independently or in a team environment
- Experience using social media platforms and social media campaigns
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
- Preference given to local candidates
- Media relations experience preferred
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.